In 1961, Maurice Charlatte, an aeronautical engineer started a small company with fifteen employees that manufactured sub-contract steelwork and industrial boilers. In 1964, he patented a principle that would revolutionize the areas of expansion, regulation, pressure boosting and surge protection – the bladder vessel was born. Other patents and innovations would soon follow and Charlatte would become the world leader in the design and supply of hydropneumatic vessels for potable, raw and waste water applications.
Link to Charlatte Reservoirs website.
In 1993, Charlatte expanded to the Americas and opened an office in Bluefield, Virginia.
- 1961 – Charlatte SA is founded and begins manufacturing hydraulic surge and service pressure vessels.
- 1980 – Charlatte SA incorporated product diversification by creating Charlatte Manutention which added battery powered tow tractors to their product line.
- 1993 – Charlatte was prepared to expand to the US Market and established Charlatte of America, Inc. which began by manufacturing battery powered airport ramp equipment.
- 1999 – Fayat Group acquires the Charlatte group of companies.
- 2001 – Charlatte of America establishes the Hydraulic Vessel division to provide sales/support for the Charlatte vessels in the Americas.